Redknapp puts Bosingwa rift in the past
QPR manager Harry Redknapp has revealed that he has forgiven Jose Bosingwa for his behaviour earlier in the season.
The Portuguese full-back is said to have stormed out of the Loftus Road dressing room when told he was dropped for the Super Hoops’ clash with Fulham.
Since then he has frequently been left out of the club’s matchday squads, but returned to the starting XI for their 2-0 defeat at the hands of Manchester United over the weekend.
Redknapp has now revealed that the pairs’ dispute is in the past and that both parties have moved on:
“Jose made a mistake but it can’t go on forever.” He told Sky Sports.
“The issue is resolved, he was fined and we’ve all moved on from it. He’s trained hard and is showing the right attitude again.
“There’s no question he can play. He’s good on the ball.”
The former Tottenham boss went on to claim that he tested Bosingwa’s attitude during a recent fixture:
“I took him with us to Swansea a couple of weeks ago and didn’t even put him on the bench. I did that to test his attitude and he was fine.”
QPR’s loss to Manchester United leaves them seven points adrift of safety, with 11 games to go.
But, defender Christopher Samba, who signed for the club in January from Anzhi Makhachkala, feels that they will avoid the drop:
“There is a big challenge ahead of us, other results were good to us (at the weekend), we are still the same number of points behind as we were before the game.
“I do think there was an improvement in our game on Saturday but we need to get going.
“Everybody has written us off and this will take the pressure off us, because nobody expects us to do this.”