Manchester City will refuse any transfer attempt from Yaya Toure to leave the Etihad this summer, Mirror reports.
The Citizens were left shocked when Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk claimed that his client felt unloved and is looking to depart after four years at the club.
Seluk stated that former Barcelona player was fuming over the fact that nobody wished him a Happy 31st Birthday last week during an official title-celebrating function with owner Sheik Mansour.
“He got a cake but when it was Roberto Carlos’ birthday, the president of Anzhi gave him a Bugatti [sports car]. I don’t expect City to present Yaya with a Bugatti, we only asked that they shook his hand and said, ‘We congratulate you,” he told BBC on Tuesday.
Despite these claims, the Man City official Twitter and Facebook pages did congratulate Toure on his birthday, with the post attracting over 130,00 ‘likes’ – more than any previous post.
The Ivorian however tweeted supporting his agent’s claims, fuelling the speculation.
“Everything Dimitri says is true,” he tweeted. “He speaks for me. I will give an interview after the World Cup to explain.”
However Manchester City say that they will not buckle to their star player’s pressure to leave the club, much like when Carlos Tevez pushed for a transfer two years ago.