Michael Owen has been a co-commentator for BT Sports since the beginning of the season and his time in the commentators box is far from being as good as his scoring record.
The former Liverpool star who was indeed a great goalscorer during his Anfield days doesn’t really have the best commentary skills.
A list was compiled of Owen’s 12 most interesting commentating words of wisdom for all to enjoy.
Talk about stating the obvious…
1. “What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on.”
2. “It’s a good run but it’s a poor run, if you know what I mean?”
3. “It’s a nightmare for strikers when defences push up. You’ve got to go with them or you’re offside.”
4. “Wenger will be quite happy that Arsenal haven’t conceded”. Yep, probably.
5. With Liverpool launching a counter-attack against Arsenal: “They’re outswarming them!”.
6. “Pellegrini will speak to them and City will come out with a fresh set of impetus.”
7. “That’s simple as…simple”.
8. “To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game”.
9. You have to believe your own eyes, don’t you?”
10. After Chelsea scored their sixth goal against Arsenal: “This is turning into a rout.”
11. “That would’ve been a goal had it gone inside the post.”
12. “You need people who score goals. That’s how you win games”.