The Saints are desperate to offload the Italian striker, after it emerged he headbutted team-mate Jose Fonte in a training ground fight on Thursday, which ‘left blood everywhere.’
Osvaldo has been suspended for two weeks for breach of contract after the shocking scenes, which had most of the Saints squad piling in to separate the pair.
Fonte was said to have been winding up Osvaldo, who responded with a fierce tackle on the Portuguese defender before sticking his head into his face.
One source said there was ‘blood everywhere’, and the temperamental forward now appears to be on his way out of St Mary’s.
The 28-year-old has struggled to adapt since his £15million arrival from Roma in the summer, and had previously been linked with a return to Italy.
The Saints are now prepared to listen to offers of a permanent deal for the forward before next Friday’s transfer deadline.
Inter Milan and Fiorentina could be willing to offer Osvaldo the return to Italy he craves.
Yesterday’s incident was not the first time Osvaldo had been involved in a training ground bust up, after he punched former Roma teammate Erik Lamela – now of Tottenham – back in 2011.