Wilfried Zaha reveals transfer on Twitter
Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha could have revealed that a move to Manchester United is complete, after a tweet which implied he was on his way to the Premier League leaders, the Daily Mail reports.
The tweet which appeared on his verified Twitter page on Saturday night read: “Looks like I’m on my way to the top of the premier league,” however it was deleted soon after.
The 20-year-old has since posted on his page saying: “I don’t know [or] remember tweeting no such thing so I don’t know where the tweet came from #confused.”
However it is already publicly expected that it is only a matter of time till United complete a deal for the player, expected to be in the region of £12million with Zaha being loaned back to Palace for the remainder of the season.
Speaking in his column for the Sunday Mirror, Palace boss Ian Holloway said the young star isn’t getting carried away with his own hype.
“Wilf is a 20-year-old with the world at his feet. He is a hero at Crystal Palace. He is also a bloody great fella, with a personality to match his talent,” Holloway said.
“His feet are still planted on planet Earth. But it can’t be easy to sleep at night when you know how close your dream is.”
Zaha has attracted a lot of interest for his performances at Selhurst Park this season, scoring five goals in 28 matches, while also earning his first senior England cap in the friendly defeat to Sweden last year.