Revealed: 59% of Aston Villa fans want Dean Smith to succeed Bruce

Aston Villa have suffered a poor run of form in recent weeks, winning just one of their last ten games across all competitions.

The poor sequence of results ultimately cost Steve Bruce his position as the club’s manager earlier this week and has left the promotion hopefuls in the hunt for a new boss, with the plan to secure an appointment during the international break.

Ahead of Bruce’s sacking this week, we asked fans whether they believe Brentford manager Dean Smith would be a decent replacement for the former Manchester United defender and the results were very tight.

A majority of 59% said that they would like to see Smith leave the Bees to take charge at Villa Park, with the remaining 41% seemingly holding out for a different option to fill their managerial void.

Smith has guided Brentford into the play-off spots this season but just two points separate the Bees from 15th-placed Bolton.