Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crystal Palace exclusive: Pundit baffled by latest Milivojevic decision after breaking Covid restrictions

In an exclusive interview with Football FanCast, Steve Howey admits he is baffled by the way Crystal Palace have handled Luka Milivojevic’s breach of Covid rules during the winter break.

Reports have emerged over the past week that Milivojevic breached regulations by attending a New Year’s Eve party alongside Fulham striker Aleksandr Mitrovic.

Do you think Luka Milivojevic should have been punished for breaching Covid rules?

Yes!

Yes!

No...

No...

The pair were filmed by Mitrovic’s partner at a house party in London, and the footage was shared on social media.

Several professional footballers have fallen afoul of coronavirus guidelines over the festive period, including Tottenham Hotspur trio Erik Lamela, Giovanni Lo Celso and Sergio Reguilon, who were spotted together with West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini attending a party over the Christmas period.

Whilst Roy Hodgson criticised the club captain, he defended his decision to hand him the armband against Sheffield United last Saturday.

“We condemn it, we certainly apologise for it,” said Hodgson.

“I’m certain Luka will as well. As far as I’m concerned, he should take responsibility for that.

“It’s an internal matter and we will deal with it, but there’s literally nothing positive I can say on the matter.”

1 of 10
crystal-palace-striker-christian-benteke

How much did Palace pay Liverpool for Christian Benteke in 2016?

But Howey believes he should have been dropped from the squad and slapped with a huge fine.

He told FFC:

“I don’t agree with it at all. I think he should have been taken out and hit with a huge, huge fine.

“I’m not Roy Hodgson, I’m not Jose Mourinho, that’s up to them. They’ve got to deal with it how they see fit and that’s their prerogative.

“Personally, I disagree with it. I think they should get a lot more than what they have done, because it basically shows other players, the punishment isn’t that bad.”

Milivojevic has become somewhat notorious for his bad behaviour after he was sent off for brawling with Tom Huddlestone in Palace’s FA Cup defeat to Derby County last year.

The £10m-rated 29-year-old has contributed to 32 goals in 139 games during his time at Selhurst Park but has yet to find the back of the net this season.

While we can forgive the odd scuffle here or there, his latest indiscretion should be the final straw as it’s frankly insulting to fans and key workers across the country.

If players can’t understand that this behaviour is unacceptable then it’s time they were taught a lesson in humility.

AND in other news, Fabrizio Romano drops fresh update on Wilfried Zaha’s future at Crystal Palace

Article title: Crystal Palace exclusive: Pundit baffled by latest Milivojevic decision after breaking Covid restrictions

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: