Revealed: 80% think Wenger should backtrack on this Sanchez decision tonight

Arsenal return to Champions League action tonight for what could be the last time for a long time by their standards, trailing Bayern Munich by five goals to one, as well as the top four in the Premier League by two points.

Despite starting the campaign with so much optimism, the Gunners’ annual capitulation appears to have come around earlier than expected this year and the situation in north London has been made even worse of late following worrying reports surrounding forward Alexis Sanchez.

The Chilean was dropped for the weekend loss away at Liverpool, reportedly as a result of a training ground bust-up, and has since been linked with moves away from the Emirates Stadium. Exactly where the 28-year-old’s future lies remains to be seen of course, though there is the small matter of the home tie against Bayern tonight.

Wenger, diplomatic as ever, has claimed Sanchez was dropped as his side looked to go more direct. Still, whatever the reason behind his benching, we recently asked Arsenal fans if they wanted him back in starting XI.

As you can imagine, the answer was a resounding yes. An emphatic 80% want him back, leaving 20% in camp Wenger it seems.

Over to you, Arsene.