Everton boss David Moyes is still hoping to keep Joleon Lescott at Goodison Park despite dropping the unsettled defender from the first-team squad.
Lescott will play no part in Thursday's Europa League qualifier against Sigma Olomouc after being told to train with the reserves.
The Toffees boss admitted he was disappointed with Lescott's attitude as he looks to force through a big-money move to Manchester City.
Lescott has been the subject of two bids from City and saw his own transfer request turned down by Moyes last week.
But despite his axing from the first-team squad, Moyes does not necessarily believe that Lescott's days at Goodison Park are numbered.
"Joleon's attitude has not been right these past days, he has disappointed me and he has disappointed his team-mates. He is not in the right frame of mind," he explained.
"I hope this will all be sorted out after the deadline.
"People can read what they like into this. But I have said all along I don't want to sell him. But it is a bit like Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Manchester United, there is always a price.
"At this moment no club has made us an offer for the player that we want to accept."
However, Moyes has admitted he will sell the former Wolves defender should City return with a more acceptable offer.
"I find Joleon a really good boy to work with, a pleasure in fact. I couldn't say enough good things about him," he added.
"But the boy has changed. It is not just me (who has noticed) but the players who are working with him have noticed it as well.
"But the door is open for Joleon. We don't want him to go, I have said that all along, unless we get an offer that I think is right.
"But at the present time he is not in the squad and it is best that we get on without him."