Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti insists he will see out his contract with the London club as speculation intensifies over his future.
The 51-year-old’s deal expires at the end of next season and despite reports he could return to Serie A – where he has previously been in charge of AC Milan, Juventus and Parma – he is adamant he will remain at Stamford Bridge.
Speculation has linked Ancelotti with a return to Roma, where he made 171 appearances as a player, after the recent departure of Claudio Ranieri – a former Chelsea boss himself.
But Ancelotti said such a move is not on the horizon.
“I’m very well in London, I have another year of contract and I intend to stay here,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“Here you can breathe. In Italy, if a team goes bad, the fans are waiting outside the stadium and insult you. I could not stand it.”
“Training Roma has always been my desire, which I have expressed several times, but it doesn’t mean that it should be realised tomorrow.”
The Italian is in a bullish mood despite Chelsea’s league woes.
The reigning champions are in fifth place on the table and 15 points behind leaders Manchester United, who they host on Tuesday. But with his side already having one foot in the Champions League quarter-finals, Ancelotti still has his heart set on silverware.
“The season is not yet over. Of course, our journey so far has not been satisfactory,” he said.
“The objective is to reach the top four in the Premier League and then there’s the Champions League.”
“My team, after two negative months, is recovering. I really think will be a nice spring for us.”