Barca near Sanchez deal

Alexis Sanchez’s transfer to Barcelona is ‘basically a done deal’, according to Udinese’s Spanish representative Quique Pina.It was reported on Monday that the sought-after Udinese forward would break from Chile’s Copa America training camp to sign with the Catalan giants.

Barca will reportedly part with an upfront fee of 28 million euros, as much as five million euros in performance-based variables and Spain Under-21 international Jeffren Suarez in order to snare their man.

According to reports in Italy, Manchester City attempted to hijack the deal with a 40 million-euro bid for Sanchez’s services.

However, the Chile international is believed to be interested solely in joining the Camp Nou.

Pina, who is also the chairman of Granada, believes the deal with Barcelona will be complete soon.

“At the moment, Barcelona are on the verge of completing the final details of the move and we could say that it’s basically a done deal,” Pina told Spanish radio station Cadena Cope.

“The deal is 80 percent done and we’re working on the remaining 20 percent.”

“The transfer will be worth an amount in the region of 45 million (euro), a figure close to the initial valuation of the player. This fee included some variables and one player.”

Sanchez is on national duty with Chile ahead of the Copa America, which begins on July 1.

Chile coach Claudio Borghi said on Monday he would allow Sanchez to leave training camp before the tournament begins, lest the national team be held financially liable for any injuries incurred by the striker.

 


Switch to Snack Football to browse all blogs, videos and new featured content
snack football unit grey closesnack football unit green-tick