Manchester United midfielder Anderson looks set to leave Old Trafford this month after a six and half year spell with the Premier League champions, according to the Daily Star.
Serie A side Fiorentina have revelaed they are in talks to sign the Brazilian midfielder, who has found first team football hard to come by since the arrival of David Moyes.
Viloa club director of sport Daniele Prade has confirmed the club are busy discussing a move for the midfielder, whilst also confirming they hope to sign a new striker to cover for the injured Mario Gomez and Guiseppe Rossi.
Prade confirmed progress had been made with regards to the deal for Anderson, but also said he would not be afraid to move on to other targets should it become too difficult.
“We like Anderson, but we like plenty of other players too,” Prade said.
“We’re working on lots of different fronts.
“We are following him and he could come, but so too could other players.
“There’s time until January 31.”
Manchester United bosses remain desperate to get the 25-year-old off the wage bill, and are reportedly willing to do business for around £8million.
Anderson has also been linked with a return to Porto, the club who sold him to Manchester United back in 2007 for a fee of £27million.