The Argentina international had been on self-enforced exile back in his homeland, but after failing to secure a move elsewhere in the January transfer window returned back to the Etihad Stadium.
After a meeting with the club’s representatives on Tuesday night, including City’s football administrator Brian Marwood, Tevez has said sorry for his actions.
“I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club,” a statement on the club’s official website reads.
Etihad Stadium boss Roberto Mancini spoke to reporters ahead of the club’s Europa League last 32 second leg with Porto, but refused to be drawn into conversation regarding Tevez.
“I am here to talk about Porto,” the Italian told reporters, published on Sky Sports.
When asked if he would meet with Tevez soon to discuss the player’s future he remained adamant not to mention the subject.
“There is a meeting tomorrow – against Porto,” the trainer defied.
Meanwhile, Samir Nasri has admitted that he would welcome Tevez’s return to the City first team, as the current Premier League leaders search for glory this season.
“I didn’t speak to Carlos.
“I think he is an important player for us and for every team in Europe, because he has quality.
“I don’t know what happened. If he has to apologise, then he has to do it and then he will be in the squad, because we need players of his quality to win the league and the Europa League.
“After that it is for the club and Carlos to deal with,” the French midfielder admitted.
By Gareth McKnight
[ffcvideo file=”tfcbtitle3″ type=”mp4″ image_type=”jpg”]