Chelsea boss denies FA charge after Sunderland comments

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has denied a charge from the FA and has requested a non-personal hearing in regards to his post-match comments after the Blues’ 2-1 loss against Sunderland on April 19.

Rui Faria, Chelsea’s assistant manager, has also admitted to two misconduct charges as well as requesting a non-personal hearing.

In the same game, Brazilian midfielder Ramires received a four-match ban for his lash out on Sunderland’s Sebastian Larsson.

The Black Cats ended Mourinho’s 77-match unbeaten Chelsea home league run and the Portuguese manager was unable to hide his anger, resulting him to sarcastically praise the performance of the match officials.

After the game, Mourinho told Sky Sports: “Mike Dean’s performance was unbelievable and when referees have unbelievable performances it’s fair to congratulate them.

“He came here with one objective, the objective to make a fantastic performance and he did that.

“Congratulations to Mike Riley, because he’s the referees’ boss, and what they are doing during the whole season is fantastic, especially in the last couple of months, especially in matches involving the teams that were in the title race – it’s absolutely fantastic.”

An FA Statement read: “Jose Mourinho has denied an FA charge and requested a non-personal hearing in relation to comments he made following Chelsea’s game against Sunderland on April 19, 2014.

“It is alleged that Mourinho’s post-match comments constitute improper conduct, in that they call into question the integrity of the referee appointed to the above fixture (Mike Dean) and/or the integrity of Mr Mike Riley, general manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Limited, and/or the comments bring the game into disrepute.

“In relation to the same fixture, Chelsea assistant manager Rui Faria has admitted two misconduct breaches and requested a non-personal hearing.

“The first breach was that Faria used abusive and/or insulting words towards the fourth official (Phil Dowd). The second breach was that Faria’s behaviour following the match referee’s request that he leave the technical area amounted to improper conduct.

“A date for both hearings will be set in due course.”