Manchester United full-back Rafael da Silva has avoided a longer suspension following his sending off against Tottenham.
Da Silva, 20, will miss United’s clash with Birmingham on Saturday after he received two yellow cards in his side’s 0-0 draw with Spurs at White Hart Lane last week.
But it was the Brazilian’s vehement protests towards referee Mike Dean that drew the ire of the FA and resulted in a misconduct charge against the defender.
Da Silva immediately accepted the charge, but found out on Friday that he would not miss any further Premier League matches.
Instead, he was hit with an 8,000 pound fine and a warning over his future conduct.
In an FA disciplinary hearing, Da Silva and his manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, gave evidence which led to the Brazilian being cleared of any further wrongdoing.
“Dermot Gallagher said it was the worst decision of the week,” Ferguson said by video link.
“Everyone knows it was a bad decision. It happens. Unfortunately, in a game of that magnitude it could have had a big impact.”
Rafael’s next Manchester United appearance is likely to come against Blackpool on Tuesday.