Dortmund ace puts Manchester United on transfer alert

Robert Lewandowski

Robert Lewandowski has put Manchester United on red alert by denying claims made earlier in the week that he has already agreed to join Bayern Munich, according to the Metro. 

The Polish striker is out of contract at Borussia Dortmund in the summer, and had told the German media he expects to sign a pre contract agreement with rivals Bayern Munich in January.

However, now Lewandowski has denied making those claims, and says whilst he still plans to quit Dortmund in the summer, he is yet to decide on his next destination.

‘I was a bit shocked after I saw the quotes come out on Tuesday,’ he said.

‘My only intention was to answer the question about when I would clarify my future.

‘Like I’ve said before, I intend to leave Dortmund, but I can’t say anything else until January.’

Pep Guardiola’s side remain the heavy favourites to sign the forward, and hope to secure a pre contract agreement in the January transfer window.

However Manchester United manager David Moyes will no doubt be encouraged by the quotes from the Polish international, and may look to tempt the forward to Old Trafford once more.

Reports in Germany are suggesting United would offer a huge financial package to try and convince Lewandowski to make the switch to the Premier League.

The 25-year-old is set to make a further announcement on his future in the coming weeks.