Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp believes the club can match the ambitions of midfielder Luka Modric.Redknapp has called on the Spurs board to invest in the squad after Modric declared his intention to join London rivals Chelsea.
The 25-year-old midfielder wants to leave White Hart Lane after Tottenham failed to qualify for next season’s UEFA Champions League.
Modric was the subject of a failed 22 million pound bid by Chelsea but has also attracted interest from a number of other clubs.
Redknapp admits Spurs need to keep the Croatian and other key players if they want to challenge for silverware next season.
Tottenham’s North London rivals Arsenal say they have been contacted by Barcelona over the potential transfer of captain Cesc Fabregas.
But Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood denied a bid had been made by the Catalans.
Fabregas has continually been linked with a move back to the club where he started his career.
And the 24-year-old has been open about his desire to return to the La Liga champions at some point in his career.
But Barcelona president Sandro Rosell recently claimed they would not pay over the odds for Fabregas, saying the player’s value had decreased.
Meanwhile, Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti says England manager Fabio Capello is on a shortlist of candidates to become the new manager of the club.
Inter are searching for a new boss after Leonardo left to reportedly take up a role with Paris Saint Germain.
Capello still has three years remaining on his England contract, but says he intends to leave the job after Euro 2012.
Moratti did however rule out a move for Porto coach Andre-Villas Boas despite reports to the contrary in the Italian media.
Inter are not prepared to pay the required 15 million Euro release clause for the Europa League-winning manager.
Former player and assistant Sinisa Mihajlovic is also out of the running after vowing to stay with Fiorentina.
And FIFA have suspended the Football Federation of Belize due to government interference.
Belize now face expulsion from the 2014 World Cup after the second leg of their preliminary qualifier against Montserrat was postponed.
FIFA decided to intervene after the government of Belize declared they would not be providing match security for the visiting team or officials.
Belize will be expelled from qualification if the situation is not rectified by July 10.