Lazio president Claudio Lotito has insisted that in-demand left-back Aleksandar Kolarov will only leave the club for a massive transfer fee.
The 24-year-old Serbia international is a reported target for both Real Madrid and Manchester City, even though his current club have given no indication that they are keen to sell.
Lotito told Radio Kiss Kiss:"Kolarov? He is not on the market, but if adequate offers arrive then we will evaluate them.
"The current economic situation however does not favour the market."
Lazio head coach Edy Reja had earlier stated that he hoped to welcome Kolarov back the club with the rest of the squad for pre-season training.
Reja told the Corriere dello Sport:"I don't consider Kolarov a former Lazio player.
"I have spoken to him and I told him that on July 20 he should consider himself among the players included in the list for pre-season training.
"If before that something happens in the transfer market, then things will change."