Inter Milan boss Leonardo is confident his side will be able to challenge for the Serie A title next season.Inter secured a second-place finish on Sunday when they drew 1-1 with Napoli, but now Leonardo wants to go one step further next season and take the title from fierce rivals AC Milan.
“Third in the league last year, second place this year, so next year [the top spot],” Leonardo told Inter’s website.
“I tend to take a positive view of every experience. I feel privileged considering the life I have lived and can still live, both as a sportsman and a human being. Challenges are the very essence of life and I’m ready for them.”
“Now I want to keep on improving as a coach. This has been quite a marathon, starting from January 6 and finally, in the last few weeks, we have been able to run the training sessions as we wanted.”
Leonardo has forecast few changes to his squad for next season, with the focus being on developing his already strong playing group.
“We don’t need to change anything here,” he said.
“This team is coming to the end of a complicated season that was split in two, but the squad is united.”
“I don’t think there will be much to change because the team is full of resources. Neither do I think we need to revolutionise everything: the foundations are there.”