Leonardo looks for next level

Inter Milan boss Leonardo is satisfied with how his players have performed since he took over, but would like to see them take more risks.

Leonardo took over at Inter in December after the dismissal of Rafael Benitez, and since then the reigning Italian and European champions have looked a different side – charging up the Serie A table to sit in second place, just five points behind AC Milan.

Ahead of their clash with Genoa on Sunday, the Brazilian said he would like his side to adopt a more attacking mindset as the title race reaches heads for a thrilling conclusion.

“I’m satisfied for the job that has been done, since it has been a difficult and delicate situation for me,” Leonardo said.

“I’m satisfied for what we have done and how we have achieved our results, for the intense and involving way in which we have experienced this. Sincerely, I’m very satisfied.”

“I believe that the continuity we have had up to now will bring us somewhere.”

“My objective is to win the match and in order to do this you should be able to score at least one goal more than the opposing team.”

“This means that you should take at least three or four risks since it is impossible to score a goal at the first attempt.”

“Of course we try to find the balance, but the most important thing is the willingness to win.”

 


Switch to Snack Football to browse all blogs, videos and new featured content
snack football unit grey closesnack football unit green-tick