Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has played down speculation that the club have come to an agreement over the January transfer of Alexandre Pato from Corinthians, according to reports from the Daily Mail.
Pato has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in recent weeks, with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United also both previously keen on the Brazil international.
But, it looked like the Reds beat their English rivals to Pato’s signature with reports claiming that the striker has agreed terms following a £11million offer.
However, when asked about the 26-year-old’s potential arrival on Monday, Klopp dismissed there being any truth in the rumours.
He said in the press conference “My private advice is you don’t follow the Pato path any longer.”
The former AC Milan star revealed previously that he would love returning to Europe, preferably to the English Premier League.
“My special thing is my speed. I’m fast. I think that’s because the football here is very quick,” he said.
“I don’t think the physical part of English football would be a problem. When you get the ball you need to be ready. The defenders here are very tough but I like that.”