Manchester City star pledges future

Controversial Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has stated that he wants to stay at the club, and any problems that he has had previously are now in the past.

The Argentine attacker went AWOL earlier in the season and was the subject of transfer bids from AC Milan, Inter and Paris Saint-Germain in January.

Despite this, the South American forward has committed to the club and has long-term goals in mind.

“There’s been a lot said and written this season but that’s in the past,” he told the Manchester Evening News.

“Everybody at the club shares the same goal, Roberto (Mancini), me, the other players and all the staff.

“I’m an ambitious person, I want to work hard and win things with City. That’s all that matters to me as a player and a person.

“This club has been building something special for the past few years. It was the project and the dream that made me come to City in the first place.

“I’ve been here since the start of that project and I share the same vision as Sheikh Mansour.

“He has always been brilliant with me and I want to repay his faith and stay here as long as it takes to make the project a success,” he confirmed.

Tevez played a part in City’s 1-0 derby win over Manchester United on Monday night.

By Gareth McKnight

Article title: Manchester City star pledges future

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: