Neymar has reiterated that he will remain with Brazilian club Santos beyond the end of the European transfer window.The Brazil international has been linked with a number of clubs across Europe following his excellent performances for Santos last season, as he guided them to Copa Libertadores glory courtesy of a two-legged final victory over Penarol.
His agent, Wagner Ribeiro, revealed at the weekend that both Real Madrid and Barcelona have made an approach for the services of the 19-year-old, and earlier this month Ribeiro also stated that Neymar would prefer to join Madrid over Barca, although the player himself remarked that he wants to remain with Santos and play in the Club World Cup in December.
Neymar has now once again said that he will stay in Brazil, confirming the words of his father that he would decide his future after the Copa America.
“I’m staying at Santos,” the attacker told reporters on arrival in Brazil from Argentina following the exit of his nation from the Copa America at the quarter-final stage to Paraguay on Sunday evening.
Neymar is currently under contract with Santos until 2015, and has a buy-out clause of 45 million euro.