No transfer business expected at Anfield

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has admitted that the club will not conduct any transfer business before the window closes on Tuesday.

The Merseyside club splashed out on Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing, amongst others, in the summer, and were widely expected to try to bolster their squad in mid-season to aid their push for a top four place.

However, Dalglish has stated that it will be a quiet last day of January at Anfield.

“There’ll be nothing happening here in the transfer window, in or out. There’s no need to ask any questions about transfers or speculation or anything else,” the Scot told reporters at a press conference, published on Sky Sports.

The news means there will be no exit for Andy Carroll, who has been linked with a transfer to a new club after a disappointing first 12 months with the Merseyside outfit.

The England striker feels that he is giving his all, and is starting to settle into his new environment after the £35 million move from Newcastle this time last year.

“The club has been great with me and everyone outside the club has been fantastic and I am enjoying it down here,” he told Mirror Football.

“Everyone has backed me and helped us along the way. I have signed a contract here and this is the team I am playing for,” he insisted.

By Gareth McKnight

 


Switch to Snack Football to browse all blogs, videos and new featured content
snack football unit grey closesnack football unit green-tick