Pellegrini plays down Hart snub after Hull win

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has played down the decision to drop England No. 1.

The Chilean manager left the 27-year old on the bench in favour of Willy Caballero in Saturday’s win against Hull.

It was Caballero’s first Premier League appearance following his £6 million move from La Liga side Malaga.

He had earlier played in the Citizens 7-0 smashing of Sheffoed Wednesday in the League Cup on Wednesday.

But Pellegrini felt that the decision was made in the best interests of the team.

He said: “I think for Willy it was good to play not just one game but to play two in a row,” said the Chilean

“Joe played eight games in 32 days, a lot of games for a goalkeeper.

“I have a squad of 22 or 23 players and I make rotations because I think it is better for the team.

“In this case I think it was good for Willy.”