QPR boss Harry Redknapp has warned a major overhaul of the squad is required if his side are to come straight back up next season.
Sunday’s 2-1 loss to Newcastle means Rangers ended their home campaign in familiar fashion and Redknapp, who came in as boss replacing Mark Hughes in November, admitted it had been a “miserable season” at Loftus Road.
Relegation was confirmed a few weeks ago and the Londoners must now prepare for life back in the Championship next term.
Many will tip QPR to come straight back up next season but Redknapp has warned wholesale changes are needed because he says the current squad would not even be good enough to make the top ten of the second tier.
“Something has got to be done because if you take that team out there at the start of next season we wouldn’t finish in the top half of the Championship,” he said.
“We haven’t got the quality in my opinion, we’re short of good players who can really play at the top level. We’re going to have to do something about it. It’s going to be a very difficult job.”
[cat_link cat=”queens-park-rangers” type=”grid”]