Shay Given targets January loan exit

400x400_1282153364_spt_ai_mancity_training_07

Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given has confirmed that he will seek a loan exit from Eastlands if he has not been given a first-team opportunity before the transfer window reopens in January.

The 34-year-old Republic of Ireland international has had to act as back-up to Joe Hart so far this term and is not too happy with that situation.

He told The Sunday Times:"It's very, very frustrating. I know it doesn't matter what I do on the training pitch, I won't be playing at the weekend.

"If I'm flying around like Clark Kent in goals, I still won't play on Saturday. That can be demoralising.

"The club said I wasn't going anywhere and that was frustrating. We'll see what happens come January and hopefully if the situation's the same, I can go on loan and try and get some games in.

"I've never said I want to leave Man City. I believe it's a big club that in the next couple of years is going to do big things. I want to be part of that, but I also want to be playing football.

"I wouldn't mind where a loan was and wouldn't rule out abroad if it was a good club and a good team, no disrespect to a club that's fighting relegation and getting pummelled every week – though at the minute that probably seems better than what I'm doing."

Subscribe to Football FanCast News Headlines by Email