Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that he has no problems with Andros Townsend, Daily Star reports.
The 24-year-old lost his place in the senior squad last month after he clashed with fitness coach Nathan Gardoner.
He was then sent to train with the Tottenham reserve squad following the incident and even featured for the Under-21s on Monday.
However, despite the media speculating that Pochettino is punishing Townsend by letting him play for the youth team, he revealed that it was the winger’s idea before praising his reaction to the incident.
“He was out of the squad against Chelsea and asked to play in the Under 21s. It is not an issue,” he said.
“It is a very good thing. The player is out, hadn’t played and it is a very good attitude. He wants to work hard.”
Even ahead of the incident, Townsend has found it very hard to retain a regular role in the squad, making only three substitute appearances in the Premier League so far.
He is now also being linked with a possible January departure as Swansea City, Aston Villa, West Bromwich Albion, Leicester City, and Newcastle United are said to be keen on his services.
Spurs are currently sitting fifth in the Premier League after managing to register six wins, seven draws, and one lost so far this season.