Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leeds United: Transfer insider drops Adama Traore claim

Leeds United will reportedly look to secure a deal with fellow Premier League club Wolves this summer which would see Adama Traore move to Elland Road.

What’s the talk?

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, journalist and transfer insider Dean Jones gave some insight on the transfer link from Football Insider.

He said: “There’s definitely some negotiating to be done. Wolves are going to try and push the price up as high as they can, and they’re not going to get what they want. So, Leeds are basically going to try and get Traore at a really good price.”

After scoring five goals and providing 13 assists in 71 appearances for Middlesbrough, the winger joined Wolves four years ago after the Old Gold triggered his £18m release clause.

Having found the net just 11 times and delivered 18 assists in 154 games for the Midlands club, Traore joined Barcelona on loan in January.

During his recent stint at the Nou Camp, the Spaniard made 17 appearances across the Europa League and La Liga, supplying four assists in the process.

Leeds fans will be delighted

Even though Traore temporarily waved goodbye to Molineux in January, only two other players in Bruno Lage’s squad ended the season with a higher rate of shot-creating actions made per 90 minutes in the Premier League than the 26-year-old’s 4.22.

Despite not being a regular goalscorer, the winger has proved that he has what it takes to be a nuisance for opposition defences and create goalscoring opportunities for his team-mates, duly showing how he could be a useful asset for the Whites.

Do you think Traore would improve Leeds?

Yes

Yes

No

No

In a recent poll by Football FanCast, 55% of Leeds fans claimed they would take the Wolves attacker at Elland Road, so it’s clear to see that the player would need to convince the other 45% that he has what it takes to be a good prospective signing for Jesse Marsch’s side.

However, with Jones suggesting that the Yorkshire club are looking to negotiate a suitable price with Wolves behind the scenes to sign the winger, this should delight Leeds supporters, especially if the club end up getting him for a fairly cheap price.

This would then give Marsch the chance to get Traore’s Premier League career back on track and potentially turn him into a vital player for the Whites, which would surely please the Elland Road faithful.

In other news: Leeds in the mix to sign £19.8m-rated “pure talent”, Marsch would love him

Article title: Leeds United: Transfer insider drops Adama Traore claim

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: