Newcastle United have been linked with a summer move for Chelsea striker Armando Broja.
Luke Edwards took to Twitter on Friday to reveal the latest on that particular transfer pursuit.
The Telegraph journalist said: “#nufc have an active interest in Chelsea forward Armando Broja but are waiting to see what London club want to do with the player.
“As I said earlier in week, there is a sense of calm at SJP following early transfer breakthroughs and they’re assessing various offensive options.”
The 20-year-old striker has made 54 appearances for the west London club across their senior and youth teams, scoring 21 goals along the way.
Taking this into account, having a young figure such as Broja, who has shown how capable he is of playing in the Premier League, in the squad at Newcastle would surely have lots of Toon supporters buzzing.
Given how both Callum Wilson and Chris Wood have hit the age of 30, having a young striker such as Broja to potentially lead the team forward in the future could make securing a deal for him this summer a smart investment for the Magpies.
Bearing in mind how capable Newcastle have shown themselves to be when it comes to signing players from fellow Premier League clubs in recent months, such as Matt Targett and Dan Burn, it would be safe to assume that they would have no qualms with approaching Chelsea to try and work out a deal to sign their young striker.
If Thomas Tuchel’s side would be willing to let the Albanian leave the west London club this summer, Newcastle should definitely be in the mix to secure a deal for him.