10. Zlatko Dedic – The Serbian striker scored the goal that sent Slovenia to the World Cup in South Africa. The twenty five year old who ply’s his trade in Germany with Bochum and will cause England’s defence a number of problems.
9. Milivoje Novakovic – Another Slovenian striker who has scored 13 goals in 36 games for the team who knocked Russia out in the qualifiers. The thirty year old plays also plays in Germany with Koln and his experience will have a big influence.
8. Yazid Mansouri – The Algerian captain will certainly be a key figure for the African Cup of Nations runners up. He has played 64 times for his country and is yet to score. The central midfielder plays for Lorient in the French division.
7. Robert Koren – The West Bromwich Albion and Slovenian central midfielder is one of the most technical players in the Championship and England will need to stop him finding space in advanced positions. He has scored four goals in 44 appearances.
6. DaMarcus Beasley – The USA winger, who plays in Scotland at Rangers will cause both full backs problems. The former PSV and Manchester City man will be very exciting to watch should defenders give him time to run at them. He has scored 11 times for his country in 89 appearances.
5. Karim Ziani – The Algeria and Wolfsburg playmaker will be one that England will fear the most. The 27 year old attacking midfielder will cause all sorts of problems should he be given time on the ball. He has four goals in 52 appearances and is another where experience will be vital.
4. Nadir Belhadj – The Portsmouth full back will be looking to have a very good tournament and will have a point to prove after the trouble at Pompey. The 27 year old Algerian will have big clubs calling should he have a good tournament. He has scored five goals in 42 appearances.
3. Madjid Bougherra – The highly rated Rangers central defender, who has been linked to a number of Premier League clubs including Tottenham, will be arguably Algeria’s most important player. Like Belhadj, a good tournament and the big clubs will certainly come looking in the transfer window.
2. Clint Dempsey – The Fulham and USA winger has been in superb form this season. Once again another playmaker who will look to get at England. Defenders must not give him time on the ball and allow him to get his shots off. He has a bundle of international experience with 17 goals in 60 games.
1. Landon Donovan – Arguably the biggest threat to England. He has been in fantastic form for Everton since his loan move from LA Galaxy. The striker will come up against team mate David Beckham and will look to get one over on him. Should the striker have a good tournament then either Everton, or another Premier League, club will come calling. He is USA’s all time top scorer with 42 goals in 120 appearances.
Written By Simon Baldwin