The 6ft. 5” Senegal international was a key figure for the Naples side last season as they finished runners-up in Serie A to Juventus, booking a slot in the Champions League as a result of their exploits.
The Toffees are supposedly willing to pay £46m for the African ace, and his agent, Bruno Satin, has told Radio CRC (via CalcioMercatoWeb) that a move to one of the two Premier League sides is the most likely outcome for his client, with a transfer to Juventus not on the cards:
“I was in Dimaro on Saturday and we discussed a contract renewal however, we are not at the point of reaching an agreement. The desire of the player is to leave the club, not renew.
“We are told by the club that he is a great player but from the renewal on offer, we don’t see this.
“Last year they wanted to sell him stating he was not focused enough but then last season he has shown all his quality.
“To the fans I say stay calm because he won’t be joining Juventus, Chelsea and Everton are still interested as they are both searching for a central defender of his quality.”
Koulibaly could be a replacement for the seemingly exit-bound John Stones at Everton, while Antonio Conte could build his new-look Chelsea defence around the giant enforcer.