According to reports in The Telegraph, Chelsea have received a huge boost in their long-term pursuit of Juventus left-back Alex Sandro with the Brazilian keen to leave the Serie A giants.
Well, The Telegraph says that Blues boss Antonio Conte made the 26-year-old one of his top summer targets as he looked to provide Marcos Alonso with some much-needed competition in the left wing-back spot, but the west London outfit were forced to walk away from a deal when Juve demanded £80m.
However, The Telegraph says that the Italian outfit may now be forced to sell Sandro for around £50m after he made it clear that he is unhappy with life in Turin.
The report adds that while the Brazilian didn’t try and force through a move to the Premier League holders during the summer, the situation could change if they make a renewed effort to sign him in January.
While the 26-year-old played every minute of Juventus’ Champions League group campaign, the Brazil international has only started nine of their 15 Serie A matches and has been an unused substitute on five occasions – including the 1-0 win against high-flying Napoli on Friday.
The left-back has scored one goal and provided a further five assists in 16 appearances in all competitions, and he continues to impress with his performances.
According to WhoScored.com, he has a number of strengths including his tackling, concentration, ability to win aerial duels and his dribbling and crossing, which suggests that he is the ideal wing-back.
They probably would do, yes.
As we mentioned previously the Italian was desperate to bring Sandro to Stamford Bridge during the summer, and having failed to bring in an alternative left-sided player having missed out on the Brazilian it is likely that Conte is still in the market for one.
There is no doubt that Alonso needs extra cover and competition on the left in what is going to be a long and difficult season, and even though he could cost £50m it may not be a fee that puts Chelsea off.