Crystal Palace fans have taken to Twitter to react after Asistanaliz reported that Real Madrid will be sending scouts to watch Alexander Sorloth in action when Trabzonspor take on Besiktas.
The Spanish giants – arguably the world’s biggest club – have actually been keeping an eye on Trabzonspor goalkeeper Uğurcan Çakır, although the story states that they will now also keep an eye on Çakır’s teammate Sorloth.
Crystal Palace let the Norway international leave Selhurst Park back in the summer, allowing him to join the Super Lig outfit on a two-year loan deal.
Since then, the 24-year-old – who cost the Eagles £9m when they signed him from FC Midtjylland – has been in exquisite form for Trabzonspor, netting an eye-catching 22 goals in 33 appearances while also grabbing six assists.
Worryingly for the south Londoners, they implemented a purchase obligation set at €6m (£5m) in January 2021 which means that the Turkish club can sign Sorloth for that amount – Palace look set to make a loss on their signing, and could potentially see him move on to bigger and better things with Real Madrid scouting him.
Let’s see how the Crystal Palace fans on Twitter reacted to the news…
I mean, clearly he’s not going to sign for Real Madrid… but can’t help but think Palace have royally messed this up. Trabzonspor are laughing if they can buy him for £4m and sell him on for a big profit. How is there not a recall option in his loan, or a buyback clause? #CPFC https://t.co/05BTtdFS1q
— Ben Nagle (@bennagle17) February 21, 2020
This can’t be true but I kind of want it to be https://t.co/2TTrnD81Y6
— Talk Crystal Palace (@TalkCPFC) February 21, 2020
To kick off the reaction, these two supporters shared their thoughts on Real Madrid’s interest.
Ben Nagle said that he can’t help but think the Eagles have royally messed up with their handling of the Sorloth situation.
Talk Crystal Palace then expressed doubt that the news was true, although also revealed that they would like it to be accurate in some way.
😂😂😂 Roy, and anyone else who had a say in letting him go, should immediately be sacked. No question. Don’t @ me https://t.co/2T1XXHt5IE
— Tom (@TRJPCPFC) February 21, 2020
The madness of this. https://t.co/hHZDND0QNr
— HLTCO (@HLTCO) February 21, 2020
Elsewhere, Tom said that Roy Hodgson, and anyone else who was involved in letting Sorloth leave, should be sacked immediately – a slight overreaction, perhaps.
HLTCO then simply described the report as madness.
Dougie Freedman is very good isn’t he
— Benj (@Beniesta_) February 21, 2020
Some out there still blaming Dougies recruitment https://t.co/uUjuILqQS3
— . (@CPFCLJT) February 21, 2020
Lastly, these two supporters decided to point out Sporting Director Dougie Freedman’s role in this.
Benj appeared to sarcastically say that Freedman is very good at his job having presumably been involved in negotiating the questionable terms of Sorloth’s loan to Trabzonspor.
@CPFCLJT then actually decided to praise Freedman for finding the Norwegian striker in the first place.
In other news, Steve Parish has revealed what has happened to the Aaron Wan-Bissaka money…