Crystal Palace fans have taken to Twitter to react after Football Insider revealed that Southampton have edged ahead of the Eagles in the race to sign Kyle Walker-Peters.
The report states that the right-back will be allowed to leave by Jose Mourinho, and also mentioned that the player had held talks with Roy Hodgson and Ralph Hasenhuttl recently.
Football Insider reveal that a Tottenham source has told them that Southampton are now in pole position to sign the England U21 international, who has made just three Premier League appearances for the north Londoners this season.
It has also been previously stated that Spurs have performed a U-turn on their stance over Walker-Peters, and would now prefer to sell the 22-year-old rather than loan him out – a £15m price tag has consequently been slapped on his head.
Hodgson is in desperate need of another right-back to add to his ranks, as Joel Ward remains his only natural option in that area of the field – Aaron Wan-Bissaka has still not been replaced since his summer move to Manchester United.
Let’s see how the Crystal Palace fans on Twitter reacted to the news…
Another one bites the dust 🤦🏻♂️ https://t.co/aKb6BJuJCN
— Lukey (@lukeyCPFC34) January 24, 2020
Dissapointed, but not surprised.
— Nuñez✖ (@DavidNF97) January 24, 2020
To begin the reaction, these two fans shared their views on Football Insider’s report.
Lukey said “another one bites the dust” before expressing his annoyance through the use of an emoji, in which someone has their hand on their face.
Also, Nunez said that they were “disappointed, but not surprised” by the fact that the south Londoners have lost ground in this transfer race.
Bullet dodged if true
— Del Storey (@delstor) January 24, 2020
However, Del didn’t seem too fussed by the news, saying that it is a “bullet dodged if true”
Should be going for Nathan Ferguson anyway.
— Lewis (@Lewisse25) January 24, 2020
Elsewhere, Lewis said that the Eagles “should be going for Nathan Ferguson anyway” – the West Brom full-back has previously been linked with a switch to Selhurst Park.
Probably watched the game on Tuesday.
— Sam (@EdgarTP) January 24, 2020
Meanwhile, Sam said that Walker-Peters “probably watched the game on Tuesday” between Palace and Southampton, in which Hodgson’s men didn’t have a shot on target and lost 2-0.
No big deal. Carrasco will be playing RB👍
— andyreidy (@andyreidy1) January 24, 2020
Lastly, Andy said that Southampton taking pole position is “no big deal” as Yannick Carrasco “will be playing” right-back – the south Londoners are in talks to sign the Belgian from Chinese side Dalian Yifang.
In other news, this journalist has revealed that Crystal Palace failed to beat one of Roy Hodgson’s old sides to sign a player this week…