Everton desperate to take advantage of Man City ace’s situation, player told he can move

Joe Hart has been told he will be allowed to leave Manchester City this summer if Pep Guardiola can snap up a replacement, which has alerted Everton, according to reports from the Mirror.

The England international’s future has been the subject of some doubt since the arrival of his new manager at the Etihad Stadium.

WANT MORE? >> Everton transfer news | Manchester City transfer news

Guardiola’s first competitive game in charge of the Citizens occurred on Saturday, and the Spaniard dropped a big hint that Hart is not in his plans by picking Willy Caballero to start during the win over Sunderland, and reports claim that the 29-year-old has now been told he can move on.

It’s understood that should a new goalie be signed – a swoop for Barcelona’s Claudio Bravo is thought to be close – he will be allowed to depart, which has left the stopper devastated.

The Mirror claim that the situation has alerted Everton, with the Merseysiders still shopping for a new No.1 following Tim Howard’s move back to America earlier this summer.

The Goodison Park outfit are prepared to make Hart their first choice to convince him to make the short trip down the M62, but Europa League winners Sevilla are also interested.

Everton boss Ronald Koeman started new signing Maarten Stekelenburg during his side’s 1-1 draw with Spurs on Saturday, but there are doubts surrounding the Dutchman’s quality after a difficult few years.

 


Switch to Snack Football to browse all blogs, videos and new featured content
snack football unit grey closesnack football unit green-tick