Everton fans react as report suggests Steve Walsh’s position is under threat

According to reports in The Guardian, Everton director of football Steve Walsh is facing the sack with his position coming under review from owner Farhad Moshiri, and Toffees fans have been quick to have their say on the rumour.

The Guardian says that Walsh is coming under increased scrutiny for the new players he has identified over the course of the last two transfer windows, with the Merseyside outfit lying just seven points above the relegation zone despite spending almost £200m on signings during that period.

Players like Sandro Ramirez and Davy Klaassen have so far failed to make the grade – with the former joining Sevilla on loan until the end of the season last month – while another new boy Cenk Tosun looks as though he will take time to adapt to Premier League football.

Everton supporters took to social media to give their thoughts on the story, and while one joked “I hope he’s not finding his own replacement”, another said it “has to be his last job in football this”.

Here is just a selection of the Twitter reaction…

Historically, the North London derby isn’t an easy game to predict. But if you are willing to take a position on the big rivalry game this Saturday, we have an Premier League outright win treble that will pay out handsomely! In this week’s Accy Show, we’ve also put together a fantastic EFL fourfold, with odds that could see you earn ten times your stake. Check it out and let us know where you’re putting your coins this weekend!

 


Switch to Snack Football to browse all blogs, videos and new featured content
snack football unit grey closesnack football unit green-tick