Everton fans react as Schneiderlin claims training incident rumours are false

Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin denied reports that he was sent away from training on Saturday on his official Twitter account on Monday, and Toffees fans have been quick to have their say on his comments.

Sky Sports had reported on Sunday that both the Frenchman and teammate Kevin Mirallas had been banished from training by caretaker manager David Unsworth after Duncan Ferguson questioned their effort levels, but the 27-year-old has denied the story.

It has certainly been a bad few days for the former Southampton and Manchester United man after he was sent off in the 3-0 defeat against Lyon in the Europa League on Thursday night, and there seems to be more to the rumour considering both Schneiderlin and Mirallas were left out of the squad for the win against Watford at Goodison Park on Sunday.

Everton supporters took to social media to give their thoughts on their star’s statement, and while one simply said “actions speak louder than words”, another says he has shown “no commitment at all”.

Here is just a selection of the Twitter reaction…