David Moyes is said to be weighing up a joint offer of £30million for two of his former Everton stars, although new manager Roberto Martinez sees both as integral to his plans for his first season in charge at Goodison Park.
Moyes has been desperately looking to make big name signings since taking over at Old Trafford on July 1, but has so far been left frustrated.
The Scot sees Fellaini as the man to strengthen his midfield, while Baines would provide serious competition for Patrice Evra at full back.
Moyes has already seen a bid of £12million rejected for Baines earlier in the transfer window, and will hope to be more lucky this time around.
But Everton are said to be in no mood to sell either player, having already lost their manager to Old Trafford this summer.
Selling both star players would be seen as bitterly disappointing for everyone connected with the club, and Martinez is looking to seek assurances from chairman Bill Kenwright that all will be done to keep the duo at the club.
Kenwright remains aware every player has their price however, and may be tempted to sanction a deal should United make an offer closer to the region of £40million.
[cat_link cat=”everton” type=”grid”]