According to reports in The Guardian, Everton are willing to sell striker Oumar Niasse for £13m this month, with Crystal Palace, West Bromwich Albion and Brighton and Hove Albion all willing to pay that amount.
Well, The Guardian says that the Senegal international has fallen down the pecking order following the £27m arrival of Cenk Tosun from Besiktas, with Sam Allardyce also said to be looking for another striker.
The Guardian says that the Toffees are now keen to move the 27-year-old on before the transfer window slams shut on January 31, with three of their Premier League rivals ready to take the attacker off of their hands.
The report adds that as all three clubs want him, Niasse will choose who he wants to join and is likely to base it on the team where he will get the most playing time following a largely frustrating spell at Goodison Park.
He has done very well.
The Merseyside outfit were forced to use the 27-year-old earlier in the campaign having failed to bring in a direct replacement for Romelu Lukaku during the summer and with Sandro Ramirez struggling to adapt to life in the Premier League, and he did well.
The Senegalese striker had previously been frozen out by previous boss Ronald Koeman and then sent out on loan to Hull City last term, but he has scored six goals and provided a further two assists in 14 appearances in all competitions for Everton this season.
It will certainly seem a little harsh given how well he has done for them this term and the fact that he is currently averaging a goal every 114 minutes in the Premier League, but it is probably the right decision – especially if Tosun isn’t the last striker to arrive at Goodison Park this month.
With Dominic Calvert-Lewin an impressive performer and Sandro Ramirez potentially still being at the club when the window closes on January 31, Everton have more than enough options up top to get them through to the end of the campaign.