Luis Suarez has stated he wants to leave Liverpool in the summer window after blaming press intrusion affecting his image and family.
Suarez’s future has been the subject of ongoing debate in recent days and he dropped a big hint earlier in the week he wanted a move away from Anfield after the controversy at the end of the season.
His bite on Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic landed him a 10-game ban and, despite the Uruguayan international’s agent saying on Thursday that he expected the striker to stay at Liverpool, Suarez has now confirmed he is seeking an exit.
The former Ajax man blames the media for hounding him out of England, saying at a press conference while away with his country that he expected to leave the Reds, although no firm offer has yet been received.
“I don’t feel comfortable here any more,” he said. “It is a difficult moment for me, my coach and my colleagues know that they [the media] didn’t treat me well.
“Because of the paparazzi I could not go in my garden, I could not go to the supermarket.”
Suarez, who is bound to interest a whole host of top European clubs with Real Madrid the favourites to land him, says there has not been a firm offer for him and he does not know when he will leave but a summer exit now looks highly likely.
Liverpool have consistently said they expected their star forward to stay but, following the latest developments, the club’s focus will be on securing as much as possible for the 26-year-old, who they value at at least £30million.
[ffcvideo file=”Sports_Revolution_Episode_3″ type=”mp4″ image_type=”png”]