The German international, who scored the winning goal in the 2014 World Cup final, has found himself increasingly marginalised at the Allianz Arena since signing from Borussia Dortmund three years ago.
With his contract set to expire at the end of the next season, the attacking midfielder has been widely tipped to leave the German giants this summer. In fact, it’s claimed manager Carlo Ancelotti has already told him to find a new club.
Having produced the best form of his career under Jurgen Klopp during their Westfalenstadion spell together, the 23-year-old has been linked with a Liverpool move continuously in recent months.
Last week, an insider told Goal that the Merseysiders were ‘throwing the kitchen sink‘ at a potential deal to bring Gotze to Anfield during the summer transfer window.
But the latest comments from the prodigious playmaker suggest he intends to stay on at the Allianz Arena and fight his way into Ancelotti’s plans.
As quoted by BILD, he said; “I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti.”
— FootballFanCast.com (@FootballFanCast) May 23, 2016
Interestingly, Gotze has also severed ties with his long-term agents SportTotal. An official statement read; “SportsTotal and Mario Götze end their six-year collaboration by mutual agreement.
“This is the result of a conversation SportsTotal CEO Volker Struth and the 23-year-old forward who met after Bayern Munich’s game last Saturday.
“After extensive deliberations and discussions in the past few weeks, we have come together to decide that we will terminate the cooperation. Therefore we met for a joint discussion and parted by mutual consent. I thank him for his many years of trust and wish him well for the future.”