Manchester United look likely to miss out on Real Madrid left back Fabio Coentrao for the second successive transfer window, after Carlo Ancelotti insisted he has no interest in selling any players during January, reports the Metro.
United manager David Moyes had previously made a desperate attempt to land Coentrao on a season-long loan on the last deadline day, having seen efforts to sign Leighton Baines dismissed by Everton.
And now it seems any renewed approach for Coentrao will be rejected out of hand by Ancelotti.
“No players are leaving and we’re not going to sign anyone,” Ancelotti said.
“The window is closed for us.”
David Moyes remains desperate to strengthen his squad during the window, having just seen his side suffer back-to-back losses at Old Trafford for the second time this season.
United currently occupy seventh place in the Premier League, 11 points behind league leaders Arsenal.
And Sunday’s last minute defeat to Swansea which saw them knocked out of the FA Cup at the third round, has put added pressure on Moyes, who said after the game there was an ‘urgency’ to bring in new players this month.