Newcastle fans are furious at the latest transfer reports, after an update from The Chronicle basically said no deals are anywhere close.
Newcastle finally got a major deal over the line last week, as the Magpies secured the services of Kenedy on a season-long loan. The Brazilian winger joins Martin Dubravka on Tyneside, after the pair both played vital roles in keeping the side up last season.
While Kenedy was a much-needed addition, fans are already growing impatient over the lack of more signings, with no sign of a new striker coming through the door just yet.
Rafael Benitez is absolutely desperate for a new number nine this summer, with Aleksandar Mitrovic expected to leave the club and Dwight Gayle and Joselu simply not up to the task.
It seems neither deal is close however, as Lee Ryder from the The Chronicle has quashed reports of advanced negotiations. You can find the full video here, but the report is a bit bizarre in truth, because it basically says nothing has happened and no deals are close.
It’s starting to feel all too familiar for the Toon Army, and they’re raging at this latest update. You can find some of the best Twitter reactions down below…
— Stephen Charles (@Charlieboi554) July 17, 2018
— Sir Chris Brown (@Cbrown28ymailc1) July 17, 2018
Another frustrating transfer window for us
— Luke Evans (@lukeevans01) July 17, 2018
Rondon will be a terrible signing. No ambition at this club. None at all. Wouldn’t be surprised if Rafa did walk
— Dean Francis Wales (@DeanWales2) July 17, 2018
In other words F all!
— Paul allan (@Paulall10592775) July 17, 2018
Of course we haven’t you clown there’s no money but for some reason nobody can find out why that is.its ok though just carry on as normal renew the tickets buy the cheap made shirts hopefully Ashley will leave ? absolute mugs
— Darrell Watson (@DarrellWatson8) July 17, 2018
Until Rafa signs we ain’t getting no one. Why would Rafa sign anyways. Who else would want to work under Ashley?!
— TMW (@TilehurstsOwn) July 17, 2018