Newcastle fans react as they are linked with £20m Nicolai Jorgensen deal

According to reports in the Chronicle Live, Newcastle United are locked in talks to sign £20m-rated Feyenoord striker Nicolai Jorgensen before the January transfer window slams shut next Wednesday, and Magpies fans have been quick to have their say on the rumour.

Magpies manager Rafa Benitez is keen to sign a new centre-forward to boost his goal-shy team before the end of the month, with the Tyneside outfit only scoring 22 goals in 24 Premier League matches so far this season.

Jorgensen has netted nine goals in 19 appearances in all competitions for the Eredivisie outfit this term, and United owner Mike Ashley is reportedly willing to break the club’s transfer record to bring the 27-year-old to St James’ Park.

Newcastle supporters took to social media to give their thoughts on the potential deal, and while one said moving for him is a “massive mistake”, another simply said “Championship here we come”.

Here is just a selection of the Twitter reaction…