Chelsea boss Conte confirms Costa available to play

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has confirmed that Diego Costa is back in contention to play this weekend after being dropped following an alleged training ground bust-up.

The Spain international was not included in the squad that sealed a 3-0 victory over Leicester City, with the club claiming that his absence was down to back problems.

Earlier that week, The Telegraph reported that Costa and Conte had a row on the training pitch, while the fitness coach was also said to be involved.

It has been alleged that Conte shouted, “Go to China,” during the incident, referring to reports that clubs from the Chinese Super League have attempted to sign the striker in this window.

Costa trained on his own for two days before being welcomed back into the fold this week, and his manager has attempted to dispel any rumours that the striker is unsettled.

In Friday’s press conference, the Italian told reporters that Costa is available for selection for Sunday’s visit of Hull City at Stamford Bridge.

The 47-year-old also insisted that the striker intends to stay at the club.