Chelsea manager Antonio Conte said in his pre-match press conference on Friday that he believes the club has shown they can cope without the injured Victor Moses.
Conte says Moses has showed he is an important player but in the past two games we proved we can play without him. #CFC
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) April 7, 2017
The Nigeria international has become a key component in the wing-back system that Conte introduced following a 3-0 defeat to Arsenal in the Premier League in October, but he has missed their last two league fixtures because of an injury he picked up against Manchester United last month.
The 26-year-old was absent for the Blues’ Stamford Bridge double header against Crystal Palace and Manchester City last week, as they were beaten 2-1 by the Eagles before winning by the same scoreline against Pep Guardiola’s side on Wednesday night.
Chelsea supporters were quick to have their say on Conte’s opinion via social media, with many disagree with the Italian that they have coped well without Moses.
Here is just a selection of the Twitter reaction to the comments…
@ChelseaFC We lost to Palace mate
— This Isnt My Name (@CFC_FIFA10) April 7, 2017
@ChelseaFC Not really. We struggled so much
— 7421max ???? (@7421boss) April 7, 2017
— Idowu adebayo shola (@lebar4real) April 7, 2017
@ChelseaFC Yes we can play without him but he's absence was revealed. No one can play that wing better than Moses him self.
— Regina Egonu (@regina_egonu) April 7, 2017
@ChelseaFC We missed him a great deal in the game against Crystal Palace, but Conte had to reshuffle the team against Man City.
— ⓦⓐⓑⓑⓨⓛⓘⓔ ® (@wabbylie) April 7, 2017
@ChelseaFC admit it Conte…… we missed Moses
— victor martins (@vicman1207) April 7, 2017