Everton fans divided as club lines up move for Winston Reid

According to reports in the Mail on Sunday, Everton are lining up a £9m move for West Ham United centre-back Winston Reid as they look to find cover for the injured Ramiro Funes Mori.

Although the Toffees have Phil Jagielka, Ashley Williams and new boy Michael Keane as their available centre-halves, Ronald Koeman is looking for a fourth option after Funes Mori picked up a serious injury while playing for Argentina in March.

Everton’s official website confirmed earlier this month that the 26-year-old will be out for six to nine months, meaning he could miss the majority of next season.

Reid himself is currently working back to full fitness himself following a surgery on a shin problem, but the Mail on Sunday says that he is hoping to be ready for the start of the new campaign.

Everton supporters were quick to have their say on the rumour via social media, and they were divided with their opinions.

While some said that they would certainly take the New Zealand international, others don’t believe that they would get him for £9m, or that he would be willing to sit on the substitutes’ bench.

Here is just a selection of the Twitter reaction…