According to reports in The Mirror, Bournemouth are said to be confident of completing a £25m double deal for Chelsea duo Nathan Ake and Asmir Begovic this summer.
Well, the Cherries signed Ake on a season-long loan deal last summer and after impressing for the south coast outfit, he was recalled by Blues boss Antonio Conte during the January transfer window.
Eddie Howe was also keen to bring Begovic to the club during the same month, but a £10m deal wasn’t completed as Chelsea didn’t find a replacement for the Bosnian stopper.
The 22-year-old may have felt that he would get some first team opportunities at Stamford Bridge having been recalled early, but it hasn’t really turned out like that.
He has made just three appearances and starts – all in the FA Cup, including Saturday’s semi-final success against Tottenham Hotspur – and is yet to play a single minute of Premier League football for his parent club.
That said, he did very well at Wembley at the weekend and it may have been a performance that has put him in contention for a league start against Southampton on Tuesday night.
The 29-year-old is the club’s second-choice goalkeeper behind Thibaut Courtois and that is shown by the fact that he has made just seven appearances in all competitions this season, with just one of those coming in the Premier League – against Manchester United earlier this month.
The Bosnia and Herzegovina international will know that he needs to be playing regular football at his age and he will be aware that he will be the number one if he does decide to make the move to the Vitality Stadium.
While a deal for Begovic seems likely, it remains to be seen whether Ake will be allowed to leave the club this summer.
With John Terry retiring Antonio Conte will need extra defensive cover, and it may take an offer of more than £25m if Eddie Howe is to tempt the Italian into selling both players.