Versatile Brazilian Fabinho, who has previously been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea, revealed at the weekend that he still wants to leave AS Monaco this summer.
In quotes to the French media, Fabinho, speaking after Monaco’s 4-1 win over Dijon in Ligue 1 on Sunday afternoon, said that ‘the club knows my will’ as he continues to seek a move away from the principality outfit in this summer’s transfer window.
Man United and Chelsea have both previously been credited with an interest in the 23-year-old, although neither has officially approached Monaco with an offer.
Monaco have already lost Bernardo Silva, Benjamin Mendy and Tiemoue Bakayoko this summer, whilst it is thought that Kylian Mbappe will move on to Paris Saint-Germain.
Fabinho’s quotes, which have been carried by Goal.com among others publications, suggest that he is intent on leaving the Ligue 1 champions before the August deadline.
At one point, it did appear that Fabinho could be heading for Man United. However, things have changed at Old Trafford over the last couple of weeks.
Indeed, the arrival of Nemanja Matic from Chelsea has seemingly completed the Man United midfield, and Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho has previously been quoted as saying that he wants a wide attacker to complete his summer business.
The situation could change in the latter stages of the window, but Man United seem to be out of the hunt for the time being.
Chelsea, on the other hand, appear desperate for new signings after losing 3-2 to Burnley on the opening weekend of the new Premier League campaign.
Fabinho, who is valued at £22.5m by transfermarkt.co.uk, certainly has the capabilities of operating as a wing-back, whilst his versatility in midfield would seemingly make him the perfect fit for a Chelsea side in need of fresh blood.
As it stands, Chelsea are not said to be actively pursuing Fabinho, but it would not be a surprise if the 23-year-old arrived at Stamford Bridge before the end of the month.